We hope that your summer is going well. We wanted to give you another update on our Capital projects. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to respond to this blog or contact the Reading Public Schools Administrative Offices at 781-944-5800.
- RMHS Retaining Wall-The project is continuing to move along very well and is nearing completion. The project will be completed by the start of the school year and is on budget.
- Joshua Eaton Roof Replacement and Parker Roof Repair-The Joshua Eaton roof is also moving along on schedule and will be completed prior to the start of the school year. The project is on budget. The masonry work with the Parker roof repair may not be completed by the start of the school year, but it will not affect the opening of school. if the work is not complete, it will be done outside of school hours.
- Modular Classrooms-Here is a status of the three modular sites:
- Killam-The modular has arrived, the utilities have been connected, and they are ready to set the modular units on the foundation. The foundation setting should begin today (Monday). After the modular has been set, they will add the skirting around the bottom of the modular and build the ramps/stairs.
- Barrows-Barrows is about two days behind Killam. The modular classrooms arrived last Tuesday (see picture below). It is also scheduled to be set this week, with other components to follow.
C. Joshua Eaton-The Eaton modular classrooms arrived on Friday. They will be setting the modular onto the foundation either late this week or early next week. The rest of the building components will follow.
We were informed that it takes about three weeks from the time the modular classroom has been set on the foundation to when it should be completed and ready for inspection by the building inspector. We believe we are still looking at a mid to late September move-in date for our students.
In the meantime, our temporary classrooms are being set up in the gymnasiums and will be ready in plenty of time for the start of the school year.