The month of March has traditionally been a busy month in the Reading Public Schools, especially at the High School level. The last few weeks have been extremely busy. This is a testament to the dedication of our students, staff, and parents to provide the most engaging opportunities and experiences that helps support our mission.
Parker Musical, Just So
During the weekend of March 14 and 15, over 100 Parker Middle School students participated in the Musical, Just So. The musical was attended by hundreds over a span of four days.
RMHS Winter Color Guard and Percussion Participate in NESBA Competition
Last weekend, the RMHS Winter Color Guard and Percussion group participated in the NESBA Final Competition, which was held at Reading Memorial High School. Congratulations to the RMHS Winter Color Guard who received a third place finish and to the Percussion group who received a second place finish.
RMHS Jazz Band
Last weekend, the RMHS Jazz Band participated in the MAJE State Finals, held at Framingham High School. At the state finals, the Jazz Band received a gold medal for exemplary performance. In addition, RMHS students, Niles Singer, Scott Dumas and Bailey Lanzilotta received outstanding Musicianship awards.
RMHS Science Olympiad Team
Last week, you heard about our middle school science olympiad teams and their showing at the State Middle School Science Olympiad Tournament at Assumption College. Last weekend, the RMHS Science Olympiad Team competed in the High School State Science Olympiad Competition at Framingham State College. The team did very well. With 45 teams competing in 26 events, 11 students from Reading placed in the top 10 in 9 of those events.
- Zach Forbes and Leonard Zhong won 2nd place medals in Mystery Engineering
- James Avtges and Taylor Bergeron came in 8th in Chemistry Lab
- Taylor Bergeron assisted by Jeffrey Qiu came in 6th in Compound Machines
- Jeffrey Qiu and Jared Whitney came in 8th in Dynamic Planet
- Will Bresnahan and Adam Clark came in 6th in Entomology
- Will Bresnahan, Adam Clark, and Zach Forbes came in 6th in Experimental Design
- Will Bresnahan and Nathan Cannon came in 7th in Fossils
- Will Bresnahan and Zach Forbes came in 8th in Protein Modeling
- Jacob Beckley and Akshita Rao came in 9th in Write It Do It
Last weekend, the Reading Robotics Team, aka, the Robockets, participated in their second regional tournament in Smithsfield, Rhode Island. The team again did quite well, reaching the quarterfinals of the tournament and receiving the prestigious Entrepreneurship Award for the second straight tournament. This just in…the team has qualified for the New England Championship event at WPI April 8 – 11.