This link leads to an anonymous parent survey that will be used to assess your child’s school using the Conditions of School Effectiveness, a research based tool provided by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Your feedback is important to us as we continually improve our schools for Reading students. There are 131 questions in this survey and we will use the results of this survey to identify the areas that we do well in and the areas that we need to strengthen. Here are some tips as you complete the survey.
1. The survey takes about 45 minutes to complete and you need to complete the survey in one sitting. Some parents have found it helpful to print a copy of the survey, answer the questions ahead of time, then complete the survey online. There is no requirement to complete it in this manner.
2. You need to place an answer on all statements on the survey.
3. When you are answering the survey, please use the perspective of “How well is this being done in my child’s school?”
4. If you have more than one child attending the Reading Public Schools, please answer only one survey per school. If you have children in different schools, you have the option of completing more than one survey. Please do not complete a survey for a school that your child does not currently attend.
5. The choices on the survey that you can use are as follows:
U – Unknown: I have insufficient professional knowledge of this area to offer a meaningful response.
1 – Little Evidence: The school is demonstrating little to no progress in implementing this practice, or implementation is so infrequent that its impact is negligible.
2 – Emerging: This practice is emerging or in place to support the condition : element; however it is not yet fully developed or implemented with fidelity.
3 – Providing: This practice is established and is implemented consistently, with fidelity.
4 – Sustaining: This practice is in place with all other practices in the Condition : Element being implemented at a “Providing” or at-standard level, is aligned to and integrated with the other practices to the point of being self-sustaining, and is supported by district efforts.
6. If you do not have access to a computer with internet and you would like to take the survey at the school, please contact your child’s building principal.
The deadline to complete this survey is Monday, November 17th at 12:00 p.m. Once we receive the results of this survey, each school will identify the critical areas that need to be addressed. From the data, the School Advisory Council from each school will develop a shorter, more focused survey with specific school related questions. In addition, building principals will hold forums, present the data from the survey, and give parents the opportunity to provide feedback, based on the results of the survey.
Thank you for taking the time to complete this important survey. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your school’s building principal or the Reading Public Schools Administration Offices at 781-944-5800.
Link to Survey Below