The Reading Public Schools is seeking parent/community members to be part of an Early Childhood Education Space Needs Working Group. This group will be a subcommittee under the Reading School Committee and will be subject to the Open Meeting Law.
The Working Group will consist of up to 8 members of the parent or greater Reading community to be part of the process. The full Early Childhood Education Space Needs Working Group will consist of the following members.
- Up to 2 members of the Board of Selectmen (Selected by Board of Selectmen)
- Up to 2 members of the School Committee (Selected by School Committee)
- Up to 2 members of the Finance Committee (Selected by Finance Committee)
- Superintendent of Schools
- Central Office Administrator
- Elementary Principal
- Preschool Director
- 2 Early Childhood Educators
- Up to 8 parents/community members with at least two members being Town Meeting members
The group will be chaired by a School Committee member.
The focus of the new Early Childhood Working group will be to present to Town Meeting a proposed solution to space needs endorsed by this group. This will be done in the following manner:
- Continue with a Geotechnical study and, if necessary, a plan for a traffic study for Oakland Rd. site
- Identify a communication plan on how to inform, update, and get feedback from the community.
- Review all options explored to date and reconsider.
- Identify a finite amount of time to brainstorm other solutions.
- Vet all solutions, prioritize, and then make a recommendation to Town Meeting.
If you are interested in becoming a member of this group, please send a letter of interest with your name, address, contact information, and your rationale as to why you want to be a member of this group to Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent Linda Engelson at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Reading Public Schools
Office of the Superintendent
82 Oakland Road
Reading, MA 01867
The deadline for applications is September 23, 2014.